Have you checked your make-up lately?
If you’ve never given it much thought, consider this:
- over 1,400 cosmetic ingredients have been banned in Europe, but fewer than 600 ingredients have been banned in Canada;
- Alarmingly, Health Canada doesn't require any pre-market testing of chemicals used in cosmetics;
- On top of that, loopholes in labeling requirements makes it even more difficult to find out exactly what’s in your blackest-black mascara or your go-to bronzer
We’re here to help. At Heckyes! We will be doing some make-up-bag soul searching at our upcoming Safe Make-Up Workshop.
We’ve invited professional make-up artist and safe-beauty advocate, Mya Breukelaar, to introduce us to some quality brands which are raising the bar in the cosmetics industry. Can products actually be safe to use and good quality? Spoiler alert: Yes.
Mya will colour-match each participant and provide a detailed tutorial on foundation and contouring for your face shape. Your eyes and lips will be finished to perfection before you’re whisked away to have a styled headshot photoshoot of your completed look.
You'll go home with:
- The knowledge, resources, and confidence to help you navigate the world of safe makeup
- A beautiful makeup bag designed by talented local seamstress Aimee Leptick of The Little Bird Designs
- Deluxe-sized samples of the colour-matched makeup you learned to use (and some great coupons and deals for future purchases)
- A styled digital headshot of your completed look
This workshop is in partnership with:
Sunday June 26, 2016
Join us for a morning of learning, laughing, snacking, and fun.
Space is limited.